Saturday, January 30, 2010

New/Not-so-new Bed



In early January, we bought Kaelin a new bed. I had great intentions to post something about her bed. Then... back to work... crazy schedule.... dinner... laundry... pack lunches... find sleep sometime during all of this. So, I thought I just would not post anything about this because it was kind of "old news".

But... it has become "new news" again.

Briefly... the "old news"... we have a local auction that is just too much fun (for folks that don't have anything to do on a Saturday night from 6 pm to about 10 pm--- this is us). I had redone Kaelin's room back in the summer but had some difficulty with her bed (her is the history on that catastrophe). Kaelin and I immediately fell in love with an antique iron bed at the auction (by buying this new bed, I no longer had to worry about trying to refinish her other bed for the 3rd time). So we bought the bed. It looks great. Kaelin loveED it. (the ED is important)

The "new news"

Now, this is the new part that makes it okay to tie in month old news. Kaelin has decided she would rather sleep in our bed, so she has for the last week and a half. I am so tired of being crowded out of my own bed, so her new bed is about to be my new bed if something doesn't give. No, she is not scared (unless that is the only excuse that will work on us). She is a snuggler and that is just really the bottom line. She will snuggle you all night if you don't push her off. So, I really think that is reason for the relocation.

The New Plan

(It is not really new and it doesn't really work). I will just put her to bed in her own bed, read night-night stories in there, and then she will just go to sleep in her own room (HA HA HA... even I am laughing at that).

So, I will let her fall asleep in my bed and then carry her to her room so I can finally get a full nights sleep (works better... but if she wakes up, she is right back in my bed).

Last resort... I will just sleep in her bed and see how it goes. (Probably no better than the other plans. )

Saving Grace... we will eventually not be as "cool" as we are now and she will beg to not sleep in my bed.

Until then, I will either sleep in the new bed (if I am in desperate need of sleep) or enjoy the snuggling days that I know are limited.

No comments: