Friday, June 18, 2010

4 year old check up

Kaelin had her 4 year old check up

She is 39 1/2 inches tall. (she dropped below the 50th percentile- maybe she will end up being a shorty like me.)

Weighs 34 pounds. (she is in the 50th percentile- still a skinny little green bean)

Has 20/20 vision. (This made me laugh... Todd and I have such horrible vision. I told the doctor that 2 sets of bad eyes must have made a good set of eyes).

Has perfect hearing. (so now I know she hears me when I speak. I wish they could test for listening- that might not be so perfect).

She wears a 4T- sometimes a 5T. (the doctor did not tell me this, I just thought it was a fun fact to include).

Her shoe size is a 9. (same as above- fun fact).

The AWFUL part....
She had to get 5 different shots. They were awful shots. I had already talked to Kaelin about getting the shots, so she knew what was coming.

I let her bring her favorite blanket into the doctors office.

I promised to get her ice cream as soon as we left. (I probably would have given her anything she asked for, I felt so bad for her).

I told her to think about the kind of ice cream she wanted while she was getting the shots. When the nurse gave her the first shot, Kaelin starting yelling "Ice Cream... Ice Cream... Ice Cream". I guess that was making her feel better.

By the time we left, she had stopped crying, had 4 stylish band aids on her legs and we were off to Baskin Robbins. She chose a chocolate dipped sprinkle cone with vanilla ice cream with sprinkles on top.

No comments: