Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Swimming Lessons

Last week Kaelin had swim lessons and we could not be more proud of her progress.

I was practically born in the water and would prefer to spend as much time as possible in it, so I was not sure how to handle Kaelin's fear of water. In my mind, I am wondering what in the world should you be afraid of.

We put Kaelin in a 2 week Mommy & Me swim class when she was 1. Then we did 3 weeks of swim lessons when she was 2. Then we did another 3 weeks of swim lessons when she was 3.

Only when she turned 4 did she decide to put her face in the water- willingly. Not only did she put her face in the water but she actually knows how to swim.

I have her scheduled for 1 more week of lessons in July and that will hopefully give her the confidence she needs to swim.


This is my fish swimming....


My fish was coming out of the water... she actually goes down and holds her breath.



My fish was in the deep end... treading water.



Swim... little fish... swim.

No comments: