Tuesday, October 11, 2011

First Day of School Pickup

I wish I had a picture of this story, but I did not have my camera with me.

After the first day of kindergarten was over, I was waiting in the car line (which is painfully long and painfully slow).

Kaelin left the house in a super cute denim dress, white shirt, and leggings.

She came out of the school with no dress on...

She still had leggings and her shirt... but no dress.

I can honestly tell you that I have never come home from work without my dress on (missing my bra on occasions, but never my dress).

When Kaelin gets in the car, I asked her where her dress was, she just grins and says it is in her backpack.

"Why is it in your backpack, did it get dirty?" I asked.

"No, it is not dirty, I just got hot, so I took it off." she responded.

"You just got hot????" I asked.

Thoughts start going through my head... did she just strip off her dress in the middle of the room... did anyone bother to tell her no, we need to leave our clothes on?

So, Kaelin and I had to have a talk on the way home from school about why it was important to leave our clothes on the entire day. I am just wondering if any other parents had to explain to their kindergartners the importance of leaving their clothes on all day at school.

No comments: