Sunday, October 18, 2009

Dancing the night away

Saturday we attended a wedding. Kaelin has been to about 4 weddings, so she knows the drill (and loves it). I don't know who gets more excited about a wedding Kaelin or the bride. I am serious about this being a close race.

I purposefully did not tell Kaelin about the wedding until Saturday morning because I would have been playing wedding all week long if I had broken the news to her earlier. As soon as I told her about the wedding, she ran upstairs to get all of her dress up stuff out. She played dress up and wedding up until the wedding. She had every long dress out as well as a veil. You seriously would have thought it was her wedding from the way she was acting. This must just be something girls are pre-wired about. So, I guess when it is a girls wedding day, it is something you have pretended and rehearsed since nearly birth. At least, this is the way it will be with Kaelin. She is truly obsessed. Todd better watch out.

Kaelin does not refer to the bride as "a bride". She calls her the girl in the beautiful dress that is marrying the handsome boy.

After the ceremony, we went in to the reception room. There were several hundred people in there. Kaelin immediately spotted the dance floor. She ran out there when the music started playing. She was the only one on the dance floor and had no idea that hundreds of people were watching her. She was dancing her heart out. She had every photographer at the wedding snapping shots of her, but she never noticed any of it. It was hilarious. She was in her element... stage... dance floor... music... and a spot light. The only thing that would have made it better was for someone to give Kaelin a microphone. Don't think she would have been too shy to use it. I swear Kaelin does not have a shy bone in her entire body.

Kaelin was obsessed with the bride. She thought of her as a celebrity. It was like have Taylor Swift in the room. Kaelin kept asking me if she could go up and talk to her and if she could give her a hug. Eventually Kaelin was able to talk to the bride and you would have thought she had just won the lottery. After she talked to her, she ran back over to me and told me all about it. She probably dreamed about her conversation with the bride. It was a true celebrity moment for Kaelin.


Let's get this party started.


Okay, I am going to show you some of the moves I learned in my dance class.


Let me show you a little break dancing move my dad taught me.


Eventually, the boys came out to join in on all the fun.

This is Kaelin saying "hey white boy, show me what you've got..."


Hey boys look up at the ceiling, I am not the only star out here tonight.

No comments: