Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pumpkin Tales

Kaelin and I spent so much time carving out and decorating pumpkins this year. We had a blast doing it and Kaelin loved turning the battery operated candles on each night.

However....

Our pumpkins did not make it. We had to peacefully lay them to rest (in the trash can) on Tuesday. I came home from work Monday and there were some little bugs swarming all over the pumpkins. By Tuesday afternoon, it was just disgusting. Our pumpkins had completely rotted. (I guess we may have carved them a little early)

So Kaelin was just devastated. She had worked so hard on her poor little rotten pumpkin.

But... Todd saved the day. On Wednesday, Todd bought us both new pumpkins. They are fake (but look real) and the light plugs in rather than runs on batteries.


So, now we have new (fake) pumpkins. Kaelin is happy. And the rotting gourds are off of my porch as well as the nasty little bugs.

At work, someone got the bright idea to have a pumpkin carving contest. We had to bring them on Wednesday and they were judged on Friday. By Friday, they were so stinky. It might not be a tradition that is continued next year.



This is the winning display. I loved this one, except it made me want to get a pack of M&M's out of the vending machine everytime I looked at it.



My office made a snow man. We called it "Is it Christmas break yet?"




This is the other one that I thought was cute. It is a purple people eater. They were playing the song "Purple people eater" beside the display. It was pretty creative.

No comments: