Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Birthday Bash

This was Kaelin's super fun birthday party (after the monsoon rainstorm).




Don't pay any attention to the "redneck rug" we had to put down all over our yard. It was tarps and large pieces of cardboard to help keep the yard from turning into a mud wrestling ring.



















Burrrrrr... it is so cold after raining for two days and the sun not showing it's bright face.




We had a VERY Special Guest at Kaelin's birthday party. This is Junction Jack. He is the mascot for the Houston Astro's. Kaelin just loves Junction Jack. Todd and I love the Astro's (especially when they are winning).



Kaelin ran to the backyard and told all of her friends they had to come meet the big rabbit in her garage. I just laughed. I bet the parents were wondering why I had a rabbit at Kaelin's birthday. I did tell one parent it was the Easter bunny and I had gotten a really good deal on him since he was not in high demand this time of year.





All of the kids came and got their pictures taken with Junction Jack, then he gave each of them an autographed card of himself. It was really cute and Kaelin was just loving it.

Tearing through presents.... She got so much stuff. We have had a blast playing with all of the new toys.

Blowing out FOUR candles (it is still hard for me to believe she is 4).

After a wardrobe change into a new birthday dress later in the evening, she was still opening up presents. She got $50 one dollar bills from Todd's Godparents. She was loving it. We told her she could spend some and then we needed to put some of it into her savings account. So the next day (first thing on her mind) we took her shopping. She bought a Barbi pony and 3 new Barbi dolls.

Since Kaelin's birthday was actually on Sunday, this was the first picture of her actually being a 4 year old.

We saved some of our presents for her to open on her actual birthday. Aunt Debbie and Uncle Truman got her a pair of Lelli Kelly tennis shoes (which are crazy expensive but super cute shoes that I would not buy for her). She absolutely loves these shoes.

The other gift she kept asking for was a double stroller, so Todd and I got her a double baby doll stroller. She was ecstatic. She had seen the box in the trunk of my car two days earlier and I told her I was taking the present back because she was peeking in the sacks. She was just devastated. So, when she saw that we were going to let her have the stroller, she was so excited.


The end of the 4 year old party. I can't wait to see all of the things Kaelin will do and learn this next year. She brings so much excitement and joy to so many people's lives. I am not sure what we did 4 years ago, but it could not have been nearly as exciting as what we are doing now.


No comments: