Friday, May 14, 2010

Mother's Day at the beach



We had the best Mother's Day EVER.

It was very relaxing (which is a definite requirement of mine from now on).

We woke up early (not a future requirement) and went to church (requirement).

Before church, we packed our bags and a cooler of drinks and snacks.

After church, we headed to Galveston. It was so much fun. I had not been down to Galveston since Hurricane Ike and it was long past due.

Growing up, a lot of my time was spent down at the beach. So, I am pretty sure I have saltwater flowing through my veins.

Kaelin has definitely inherited the love for sand and sea.

We love Galveston, but if someone puts out the offer for a better beach, my bags are packed before they finish their sentence.

We ate lunch at a great little restaurant called Shrimp 'n Stuff.

Then we headed down to the Seawall and found a nice little spot to hang out on the beach. The weather was VERY overcast (but no rain), so it would occasionally get a little cool with the sea breeze. We played in the water (which was really nice and warm). We built some awesome sand castles, sand cities, and sand people.



After the beach, we dusted ourselves off and went to the Strand. It has recovered very nicely. We had such a great time, that I came home looking up beach houses on the Internet. I definitely see myself spending my free time down there. Todd had a great time as well. He found himself a nice little table on the Strand and he sat there while Kaelin and I went from shop to shop. We tried to do our part in helping their economy recover. (Just trying to help out).


No comments: