Friday, May 7, 2010

Bribe

Kaelin has recently decided that she has no desire to eat dinner with us. She would rather take a bite of her food, then go play.

Then about an hour later, she claims to be starving and wants cereal or oatmeal rather than the dinner we had. We fell for it a few times, then it just got old.

So, a few weeks ago when I was at Target, I bought her a bathing suit and some shorts. I kept them in the trunk of my car and just told her I had a present for her. But the only way to get the present was to sit down and eat dinner with us.

She asked about her surprise every day, but still refused to sit down and actually eat the dinner we had cooked. We quite feeding her cereal and oatmeal, so she would just go to bed hungry. I absolutely hate doing that.

So... finally... she gave in to doing things MY way. As soon as she finished her dinner, she immediately started asking about her surprise.



Of course she immediately had to go model for us.


So, she got a new bathing suit. Ate dinner with us a few nights, then tried to resort back to her old ways.

No comments: