Thursday, July 8, 2010

When I grow up...



Kaelin is a deep thinker. She hears something and it must just go into the back of her mind because she is always bringing up random thoughts. They usually make me just die laughing because you can tell how much thought she has put into what she is saying.

The other day, Todd, Kaelin and I were riding in the truck. Out of no where, Kaelin says "Mom, I want to go to college in Crosby" (For anyone that knows Crosby, there is no college and if there were a college, it would not be one that I would want for her to attend).

I say "Kaelin, there is not a college in Crosby".

She says "Well, I just don't want to move away from our house in Crosby" (So- this was the real reason for the random comment- she doesn't want to leave her mommy and daddy... how sweet)

I say "What if you pick your college and Dad and I move to where ever you are going to live?"

She gets very excited and says "Yes, that would work" (That will probably change by the time she is actually in college- but I am going to hold her to letting us live with her at college)

Continuing the conversation on college, I ask "What do you want to be when you go to college?"

She says "I have been thinking about that. I can be a doctor or a teacher, but what I really want to be is a butterfly". (I am trying not to laugh to hard because I don't want her to think I am making fun of her or trying to hurt her feelings, but how darn cute is that... )

The story does not end there... I told you she was a deep thinker.

Several days later (out of no where)

Kaelin says "Mom, I have been thinking."

I say "about what?"

She says "Well, when I grow up, I think I might want to be a mermaid rather than a butterfly."

I say "Why is that?"

She says "I think it is going to be easier to turn into a mermaid rather than a butterfly. To be a mermaid, you just get into the water and put your feet together and start flapping them, then they will turn into a mermaid tail. Growing wings and flying is a little bit harder". (That is some deep thoughts- this must have been on her mind for days).



So for now, we are on track to grow up and become a mermaid. I will let you know if that changes.

No comments: