Saturday, November 28, 2009

Being Thankful

Kaelin and her dog, Britni, posing for the camera.

We spent Thanksgiving with Grandma Kay and PawPaw Bill in Corsicana. We had a great time, wonderful food, and a relaxing weekend. (What more can you ask for????)

We brought all 3 of the dogs (since you are suppose to spend Thanksgiving with family and they are family). They ran and played until they can barely hold their heads up. They will all probably sleep for the next week.

Wrapping up the end of the Thanksgiving weekend...

There are several things we are thankful for...

1) We are thankful that we got to spend Thanksgiving with family.

2) I am thankful that we have 3 weeks until Christmas break (but who is counting).

3) I am VERY thankful that black Friday only comes once a year.

4) I am thankful that I was one of the crazy people that went to Wal-mart at 5:00 AM on Friday, but was smart enough to walk right back out of the store (buying NOTHING). What a mad house... even I know when it is smarter to pay full price for an item...

5) We are thankful to have jobs (this will allow me to pay the full price for the items I was not going to fight for at Wal-mart on Friday)

6) We are thankful to be healthy (despite the enormous deductibles we have given to the doctors lately)

7) I am thankful for cornbread dressing and giblet gravy (the extra 5 pounds I gained are proof of my appreciation).

8) I am thankful for not having a clue where to start with my Christmas shopping or what to buy for anyone (at least I will not be bored over the next month).

Stay tuned for my black Friday specials. I did find some things (just not at Wal-mart).

No comments: