Wednesday, November 11, 2009

High Maintenance Competition

I am convinced that Kaelin and Moe (the crazy dog) have formed a conspiracy against me.

I don't know what I have done to these two to make them gang up on me... but whatever it was, it must have been good.

Monday night...

Around 2:00 AM, I woke up to Moe throwing up on the floor and then he was hyper-ventilating. So, I had to get down on the floor and hold him and pet him until he calmed down and started breathing better.

Todd got up and cleaned up the throw up.

Finally, back in bed by 2:20 AM, 2:30 AM, Kaelin starts crying in her room. So, once again, I get out of bed to see what is going on. I get in there, she has calmed down and gone back to sleep.

2:35 AM, back in bed, 2:50 AM, Kaelin starts crying again. I get up, go in the room, and once again she has calmed down and gone back to sleep.

2:55 AM, back in bed. But the whole time I was up and down, Moe was acting up in the bed. Every time I laid down, he crawled on my legs (thinking I was really going to let him sleep on my legs).

5:00 AM, the alarm went off. I am not sure if I really got any sleep. I felt like a jack-in-the-box.

Monday night... Moe wins the high maintenance award.

Tuesday night...

After throwing Moe off of the bed (2 times by me and then at least another 4 by Todd), I finally went to sleep.

1:00 AM, I woke up to Moe scratching on the side of the bathtub. When I went into the bathroom to see what the heck was going on, he had already jumped into the bathtub and was licking the water off of Kaelin's bath toys. (and I wonder why he throws up)

1:50 AM, I woke up again to Kaelin standing beside my bed. She decided she had spent enough of the night in her room and wanted to spend the rest of the night in my room. So, I pick her up, get her all situated and am trying to go back to sleep when she suddenly realizes she does not have her baby. Well, I know I put the baby in the bed, but I can't find it. I have to end up getting out of bed, turning on the light, and searching for that darn baby. I found it and she was content with that.

2:20 AM, I really am going back to sleep, but Moe crawls on top of Kaelin and she is not having any of that. She starts hollering for me to get him off of her. She said " I just can't sleep like that". I responded "Well I just can't get any sleep."

Between 2:20- 5:00 AM I must have kicked Moe off of my legs 5 times and removed him from Kaelin's blanket, head (yes... I said head), and legs another 6 times. Plus I removed Kaelin's feet from my ribs, back, and side at least a half dozen times also.

Tuesday night... although it was a close race... Kaelin wins the high maintenance award.

Wednesday night... I am going to sleep on the coach and lock the gate at the top of the stairs so neither Moe or Kaelin can wake me up.

No comments: