Monday, December 13, 2010

7 weeks



Macie turned 7 weeks old this past Friday.

Wow... where has the time gone. I have to return to work this week (only 2 days, but it still makes me SUPER sad).

Macie has had the best week so far. She is sleeping AWESOME (going to bed between 9 and 10 at night and not waking up until 5:30 and 6:30 in the morning). That is a schedule that I can work with.

She is eating like a small horse. She would be happy if you would feed her about every 2-3 hours during the day, but at least during the night she prefers to sleep (probably sleeping off all of that milk she drank during the day).

We have had to say goodbye to all of the newborn sized clothes. That made me a little (a lot) sad. I absolutely hated putting them in the box. Those were the clothes I brought to the hospital for her to wear and come home in. Those were also some of the same clothes I brought to the hospital when Kaelin was born. Each outfit has such great memories that I just hated to see them get put away. We are now into the 0-3 month clothes (but not for long) and the 3 or 3-6 month clothes.

She is smiling A LOT.

The medicine the doctor gave her for thrush has worked miracles. Macie is feeling so much better and is a very happy baby (except for what we refer to as grumpy 30). That is the time of day when Macie has just had enough and she really lets us know about it (usually about the time Todd gets home from work).

No comments: