Sunday, December 19, 2010

Days 1, 2, and 3

We are doing the 12 days of Christmas with both of our girls this year... wow... busy...crazy...exciting times.

I am on day 8 of Christmas and just now posting about it.

Oh well.... this is just one of the many things we have done late recently.

We are not just fashionably late... we are setting a whole new standard for being late. It has become almost comical now. I can't seem to get into a groove when it comes to getting 3 high maintenance ladies ready to do anything. The two little ladies seem to be much more demanding and high maintenance than I have been lately. In fact, by the time I have them ready to go (all gear packed), I am worn out. Example... last night we were all going to a Christmas party and I was putting makeup on in the car in the dark. When we got to the party, I told Todd to just take a look at my nighttime makeover to make sure I had not pulled some kind of makeup catastrophe. I did not want to go into the party looking like death warmed over or like I had just coming in from working a street corner. I was going for something in between the two.

My take on the twelve days of Christmas...

A couple of years ago, I started wrapping up 12 gifts for Kaelin so she would have a little something to open every day. It helped keep her out of the real presents under the tree. It also allowed me to buy some of those super cute Christmas outfits, shirts, sweaters, etc. and not be forced to give them to her at Christmas. (No one wants to be the kid wearing the Rudolph sweater to school in January.)

On the first day of Christmas my mom and dad gave to us...

Kaelin-a notepad to write Santa a letter

Macie- a Praise Baby Christmas DVD

On the second day of Christmas my mom and dad gave to us...

Kaelin- a hat that looks like a little lamb

Macie- a red velour Christmas outfit

and a notepad to write a letter to Santa and a Praise Baby DVD.

On the third day of my mom and dad gave to us...

Kaelin... a Christmas t-shirt

Macie- a cute pair of socks (that fall off of her feet)

and a hat that looks like a little lamb, cute velour outfit, a notepad to write a letter to Santa and a Praise Baby DVD.

No comments: