Friday, September 11, 2009

Going to Mexico

This is a true conversation that Kaelin and I had on the way home from work today. And I must say that I like the way the princess thinks. She and I are definitely on the same page.

I picked her up and we began talking.

Kaelin says "Mom, why do you have to go to work?" --- we have this conversation all this time. Only this time, Kaelin has put a little extra thought into her responses.

I say "Well, Kaelin, mommy and daddy have to work so we can pay for our house and cars. If we did not work, where would we live?" --- I was expecting an answer like "we would live at PawPaws" or "we would live at Aunt Debbie's". But that is not what I got.

She said "We could live in Mexico" --- Okay, so I can go along with this.

I said "Would we have a house in Mexico?"

She said "Yes, a really big house"

I said "Would I work in Mexico?"

She said "No"

I said "Would Daddy work in Mexico?"

She said "Yes"

I said "What would Daddy do for work in Mexico?"

She said "He would work at a computer."

I said "What would I do?"

She said "You would drive the car."

I said "Well, where would I drive the car?"

She said "You would take me to see my Mexico friends because I really like my Mexico friends."

I said "Oh that sounds fun, where would we live?"

She said "At the beach in Cabo in a really big house."

I said ... nothing... my daughter and I share the same dream.

Isn't she just wonderful... she has us living on the beach in Cabo where I don't work (only Daddy does) and I get the pleasure of driving her to see her Mexico friends. I can handle this.

So if you are wondering, we have been to Cabo and to my knowledge Kaelin does not have a group of friends in Mexico. However, if we did live there, it would definitely not take her long to round up a group of friends. We loved Cabo. Loved the beach. I would probably move there in a heartbeat, Kaelin would probably move there in a heartbeat, Todd would rather have a large ranch in South Texas where you see more cactus and less beach and more deer and less blue marlins.

No comments: