Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Weekend Update

So, Kaelin surprised me...

She spent Friday night and Saturday night with her PawPaw. I did not pick her up until about 4:00 PM Sunday. I called to check on her and she was too busy playing to even stop and talk. I called one time and they asked her if she wanted to talk to her mom and she said "No, I am going back in the bus", then they said "Kaelin, do you want to talk to your mom or not?" She said "Or not". Not only was she not wanting to come home, but she was not even wanting to talk to me.

Of course, I was beginning to take a little offense to it. I am used to my sweet little Momma's Girl always wanting to come home at bed time.

I was thrilled that she had such an incredible time playing and being away from home for a little while. But... truth be told, I was really missing her. In fact, had she called Friday night (at any time) I would have made the 1 1/2 hour drive to go get her.

You might be wondering what we did while we had the house all to ourselves...

Todd ...
mowed the front and back yard
bought a new weed eater
weed eated (if that is even a word) the front and back yard with the new weed eater
trimmed the hedges in the front yard
went running
went to church on Sunday

I...
swept the kitchen, bathrooms, entry way
mopped the kitchen, bathrooms, entry way
scrubbed the kitchen cabinets
scrubbed the baseboards in the kitchen, living room, bathrooms
went shopping
laundry
laundry
laundry
laundry
went to church on Sunday

So, as you can see we are quite the lively bunch. I know we were not quite this boring before we had Kaelin, so I am not exactly sure what has happened in the last three years to make us this uneventful.
No... I am definitely not complaining... boring is not always bad and uneventful is pretty good.

No comments: