Monday, September 28, 2009

Kaelin's Homework

Kaelin had homework sent home last week.

Yes... I said HOMEWORK. I don't think I am ready for this. We got the homework on Wednesday, but waited until Sunday night after dinner to even begin working on it. I am already setting a bad example.

The homework was pretty easy, but a little time consuming (especially when you put it off until the very last minute). Kaelin was suppose to fill out a poster called "All about Me". We had to ask her some questions and fill out the poster. It involved where she was born, her birthday, how long she was, how tall she is now, where she lives, etc. There were a few other sections that were pretty funny.

Likes:

Kaelin's favorite color: "purple" (really it is probably pink, but she was on a purple kick last night, so we went with purple)

Kaelin's favorite food: "mac n' cheese, hot dogs, corn dogs, pizza" (sounds very healthy...)

Kaelin's favorite book:
"The Little Engine That Could" (seriously... I don't know that I have ever read this book to her, but evidently someone has.)


Dislikes:

"Wolves (Kaelin calls them Wolfers), foxes, monsters, mean people, being sad, and getting in trouble"

Fun Facts:


What do I want to be when I grow up?-
"a cheerleader" (Todd was cringing when she said this... but it gets better. That money I have been saving for a college education at an Ivy League school may not be necessary if her life's ambition is to become a cheerleader.)


Things I am good at: "Running, jumping, playing soccer, and playing tee-ball" (Todd was pretty proud of this answer... but she is good at other things too, like wearing bossy pants, color coordinating clothes, pretending to be a rock star, etc.)


Kaelin's Hobbies:
First, I had to define hobby. I defined it as something you really like to do. Kaelin's immediate response was "shopping". (Todd just about fell out of his chair. He quickly began saying No, that is not something that is a hobby. Then Kaelin said "well I like it and I am really good at it". Oh he is in so much trouble when she gets a little older. But Kaelin is right, shopping can be a hobby, she does like it, and she is REALLY good at it)


So... the homework was finally completed (a little after 10:30 PM)
If you are thinking you are looking at a picture of Kaelin, think again! Let me introduce you to "Abby". Kaelin has renamed herself Abby. She now refers to herself in third person. It goes something like this "Abby would like for you to fix her hair" and "Abby would like some chocolate milk" and "Abby does not want to go to bed right now". It is pretty funny, but I am beginning to wonder if she really thinks her name has been changed to Abby.

No comments: