Saturday, September 5, 2009

Woo Hoo... 3 DAY weekend

It is about time we had a holiday.

I mean it feels like I have been working for 3 weeks without a day off.

What kind of work force am I employed by?

3 weeks... no day off (weekends don't count).

Next holiday... (but who is counting) Thanksgiving.

WOW... can I make it that long with no holiday?


What to do with the 3 day weekend?

Kaelin left last night. She is spending the weekend with her PawPaw. Last night they went to a high school football game to watch Callen cheer. Then they headed to Katy in the bus. They are camping in a RV park in Katy. Aspen is playing in a soccer tournament in Katy, so Kaelin is going to get to watch her play soccer all weekend.

So you might be asking yourself, "I thought Kaelin did not like to spend the night away from home". She does not. I am wondering how this will play out. When I was dropping her off, she was very excited. But... just as I was getting ready to leave, she began asking why I could not go with her. Then she said "So, if I get scared, I will just call you." I said, "You can call me, but you will have to stay the night and there is nothing to be scared of."

I have not called to check on her yet this morning, but I will a little later. I told Kaelin she had the option to stay one night and I would come get her this afternoon or she could stay two nights which would mean she would come home tomorrow afternoon. Secretly, I am almost hoping she wants to come home today. I don't want her to be scared and want to come home. I am just missing the little princess. Remember... I was used to spending all day with her during the summer. Now, that I am back at work, I only get to spend time with her in the evenings and the weekend.

I will let you know how the weekend goes...


Now for something good...

Kaelin and I made a delicious treat the other night. I got this recipe from my friend Tara and it is super yummy and super easy.



Sopapilla Cheesecake

2 cans of Pillsbury crescent roll dough (I used reduced fat)
2 (8 oz.) cream cheese (I used reduced fat)
1 cup sugar (divided)
1 t. vanilla
cinnamon sprinkles
1 stick butter, melted (I used a low fat butter)


Heat oven to 350. Use a 9 x 13 pan or dish.
Spread one can of crescent rolls in the bottom of the pan.
In a bowl, mix the two cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla.
Spread the mixture on top of the crescent rolls.
Put the other can of crescent rolls on top of the cream cheese mixture.
Pour the melted butter on top of the crescent rolls.
Sprinkle 1/2 cup sugar over the butter.
Sprinkle cinnamon over the top.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Let cool. Then eat. If you have left overs (but why would you), refrigerate.


1 comment:

Amanda said...

OMG, that is one of my favorite desserts, an SO SO easy!!!