Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My Turn

So after a daunting Sunday with Kaelin throwing up all over everything and just feeling so miserable, we were really looking forward to a less eventful week... ha ha ha...


Monday started out pretty good. It was Kaelin's first day of school. I got her up a little early so I could help her get dressed. She was so excited. I don't know if she was more excited about school or the fact that she got to wear her new backpack.





Of course I did fix the pink ruffle at the bottom of Kaelin's shirt before I let her go out the door. I wouldn't let her leave looking like that...

So that was Monday. Kaelin came home from school and was VERY sleepy, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Tuesday morning around 3:00 AM, I woke up feeling like someone was jumping up and down on my stomach. I stood up, got out of bed, and had to make a quick dash to the toilet. Yes... I had managed to come down with Kaelin's stomach virus. (Is this my pay back for taking my child to church with a stomach virus... maybe).

After spending a couple of hours with my head in the toilet, I knew I had to go into work for a couple of hours. I had been asked to fill in for some of the principals on my campus so they could attend a meeting.

Against my better judgement (the judgement that I obviously did not use Sunday when I took Kaelin to church despite her throwing up all morning), I went into work. I immediately went in and told our secretary I would probably be leaving as soon as the principals returned to campus. She agreed. I guess I looked that dreadful.

8:00 AM (after a couple of trips to the bathroom), I looked at the clock and could not believe I had only been at work for a little over ONE hour. My stomach was definitely swirling faster than the clock was ticking.

9:00 AM I knew the end was near. Laying my head on the hard desk actually felt comfortable.

9:30 AM I saw the first principal arrive back on campus... which was my cue to hit the door as fast as I had been hitting the restrooms.

After about 12 hours of sleep, some 7 UP, and a few crackers, I finally returned to the land of the living. Now, I am not going to go out and run or anything crazy like that. I am just not constantly casing every place I go for the nearest restroom.

No comments: