Saturday, October 2, 2010

3 birthday parties and a baby shower

Sounds like a title to a movie.


This was the calm before the storm... she had a busy weekend as well. I think this was the calmest part of our weekend. She was eating cereal for breakfast on Saturday morning.

Last weekend (yes... that is how behind I am) we had one crazy weekend. It started on Friday evening. I really think I was almost relieved to go to work on Monday just so I could rest.

Friday night started with a Scentsy party at a friends house. Then I had to come home and cook goodies for Kaelin's soccer team. They were having a bake sale at a local grocery store early Saturday morning.



These are the goodies we brought to the bake sale. Rice Krispie treats, 3 yellow cakes with chocolate icing, 2 red velvet cakes with butter cream icing, and two pans of brownies with cream cheese icing. (Now I am hungry just looking at the picture)

Saturday morning went something like this...


Bake sale from 10-12

Birthday party at Chuck E Cheese 9-11 for Trista

Birthday party at Chuck E Cheese 12-2 for Bryson

Another birthday party at Chuck E Cheese from 12-2 for Miranda (I feel like a broken record)

Baby shower (an hour away) from 2-4

We had to decline the first Chuck E Cheese birthday party due to the bake sale conflict. We sent a gift. Then Todd took care of the other two parties. He knows my despise for Chuck E Cheese, so he kindly volunteered to take care of that chore, while I went to my cousins baby shower.

The baby shower was great (lots of good food), but the drive home was pure torture. I got stuck behind a traffic accident on 610. I originally thought it was due to road construction, but after about an hour in traffic, I found out the real culprit.

After about 30 minutes of sitting in traffic I had to go to the bathroom. (too much punch at the shower)

After about another 15 minutes I REALLY had to go to the bathroom. I just knew I was going to end up peeing in my pants if I did not get out of this traffic and to a bathroom.

I called Todd because I was really beginning to panic. There was no exit ramp in site and I had moved less than 1 mile in the last 45 minutes. I don't really know why I called Todd because there was really nothing he could do, but laugh (which he did).

So (blame it on being pregnant or just pure desperation), I came to an entrance ramp to the highway and made the decision to drive down the entrance ramp in hopes of getting to a bathroom before I wet my pants. Luckily there were no cars coming (and I did not get pulled over by a police officer).

Looking back, this may not have been the wisest decision, but... desperate times call for desperate measures.

I finally found the reason for the traffic. A taco truck had crashed into another car which caused a chain reaction with a few cars behind him. So... some poor construction crew was probably very disappointed when they got ready for lunch on Monday and their taco truck never showed up.

Sunday...
Involved church, grocery shopping, and then watching the Dallas Cowboys beat the Texans.

1 comment:

kmuel said...

Oh no! Sorry the drive home was so bad, but I am glad you came! Although, I think towards the middle I was half asleep from no sleep the night before.