Thursday, October 21, 2010

Last Days as an only child

I spent yesterday and today with Kaelin. We are enjoying our last days as an only child and mom of an only child. You would have thought we could come up with something really great to do, but we ended up doing what we do best.... go shopping.

We went and voted. So now that civic duty is done and I won't have to worry about it on election Tuesday.

Kaelin was so funny. She dressed herself and she really did it up good. I should have taken a picture, but I forgot. She put on her hot pink skull and cross bones knee socks, a denim skirt, a blinged out hot pink t-shirt, blinged out Lelli Kelly tennis shoes and then topped it off with a "real" tiara. She was definitely a fashionista. It was hilarious. I was just not going to battle with her over what she wanted to wear.

We had lunch with Todd and enjoyed a baby shower held by his co-workers. They gave us some awesome treasures for Macie. We got some gift cards (which always are appreciated), adorable outfits, diapers (unfortunately you just can't have enough of these), a cute photo album, and several other wonderful things.

Then Kaelin and I went to the mall. Kaelin wanted to go to the Galleria, but I told her I did not think that was going to happen right now. I did not think I would make it through the Galleria without being dead on my feet.

After shopping and some super cute outfits, Kaelin had to go get her flu shot. She is typically a good girl at the Dr. She usually cries very little when she has to get a shot, but yesterday was different. She asked the nurse what the shot looked like (bad idea). This gave her enough time to think about it. She then began screaming as though some one was cutting her with sharp knife (and she had not even been touched by the shot yet). She started kicking her legs saying "mom, I have changed my mind. I really don't want a flu shot anymore". She got the shot, then we were done. The tears stopped, the kicking stopped, she got two stickers, and then we came home for a much needed nap.

Today is a school day, so not quite as much quality mommy-daughter time, but we will still have a good day. I have to finish two projects I have been working on for work. Today is my deadline because I will definitely not be in the right state of mind to deal with it next week.

No comments: