Monday, November 15, 2010

Nutcracker Market

Despite every rational bone in my body, I decided to take my girls to the Nutcracker Market last week.



Ahhhh... my two sweet little presents

For those of you that don't know what the Nutcracker Market is, (you are lucky)... it is a trade show or craft fair or whatever you want to call it. There are tons of vendors (by tons... I mean absolutely TONS). The vendors are all selling their stuff at a premium. It is a shoppers dream land.

Since it is a shoppers dream land, it attracts an incredibly large number of people- which results in a massive crowd. Massive crowd meaning 20 minutes sitting in traffic just to park... 20 minutes standing in line just to buy a ticket to get in... at least another 10 minutes of standing in line just to pay for items at each booth.

They also have this wonderful "No Stroller" rule... seriously... no joking... So, I toted Macie in the Baby Bjorn and Kaelin just held my hand. We also had our wonderful Mrs. Mary with us, so she helped corral Kaelin.

As far as buying stuff... I did not come home with much (which was music to Todd's ears). I came home with some wrapping paper and ribbon. I could have come home with more, but my nerves and patience did not allow me to stand in those long lines to check out.




Macie has the right idea about the Nutcracker Market

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Look how beautiful they are!!! You are so brave for going to the Nutcracker!! I opted not to go because of the stroller laws!!! HA

Living in a Hick Town said...

It was total insanity. I don't think I will make it next year.