Sunday, November 7, 2010

The White Flag has been raised

I surrender...

You win...

Yesterday was just one of those days if something was going to go wrong... It Did... 10 times over

Where to begin...

Let's start with Kaelin, since she was a huge source of my surrender.

She spent the night at Aunt Debbie's and decided to throw herself an "all nighter" and stay up way too late. This set the tone for the rest of the day. I battled with her from the time she walked in the door.

We missed her school carnival because I knew there would be no way she could make that and then also attend the princess birthday party we had to go to in the afternoon.

When she got home from getting a pedicure, she had about 5 minutes to get ready for the birthday party. We got her dressed up as a princess. She came downstairs, got a Kool Aid juice box (Red in color).

She got in my car with the Red Kool Aid juice box, which quickly ended up ALL over the back seat of my car.

So, now we were late for the birthday party... I was not pleased to say the least. I went back inside, got a towel, cleaned the car and then off to the birthday party we headed. Kaelin was a bundle of whines by the time we got to the party. She was so sleepy she kept falling down, everything upset her, and her listening skills were non-existent. When we got ready to leave the birthday party (30 minutes early), she fell out of my car, skinned up her knee and continued to just be out of control.

So, a nap was just inevitable. We got home, went upstairs, she changed clothes and then insisted she was going outside to play. I quickly told her no, that she was going to take a nap and then the tantrum set in. She begin screaming, crying, and going hysterical. I went to get Todd, because I was DONE by this point. He got her calmed down and she took a 4 hour nap.

As if that was not bad enough, the day continued...

Macie was just grumpy most of the evening. I think her tummy was hurting and she was constantly hungry (probably resulting in the hurting tummy). My nerves were shot, my temper short, etc.

So, where was Todd during all of this chaos... Painting the garage (or occasionally coming inside to check the scores on the football games)... Lots of help he was to me.

After Kaelin's nap, she wanted some soup for dinner, so I fixed her some soup. She ran through the living room tripped over something and toppled the entire bowl of soup, her drink and the TV tray all over the living room floor. I wanted to go curl up in a nice quiet place and just tell everyone to leave me alone... I had enough for one day.

Does it end...

No...

Macie decides to test out her vocal chords and begins screaming... I guess she and Kaelin were in some kind of competition that I was unaware of.

Todd is still painting the garage and decides to ask me my opinion on the garage... Oh I had an opinion all right, but I used restraint in expressing my opinion.

Finally, sometime around midnight (but thanks to Daylight Savings Time, is was really only 11:00), I crawled into bed. Kaelin on one side, demanding my undivided attention. Macie in my lap, demanding my undivided attention. So, I am working on split personalities, so they will both have someone all to themselves.

After a semi-peaceful night's sleep, I am hoping for a normal day with the drama level remaining very low. If not, I will be looking at checking into an insane asylum shortly.

No comments: