Sunday, June 7, 2009

Fun but HOT Weekend

On Saturday, Kaelin and I went shopping at Macy's (Daddy was out of town, so the girls had to hit the mall).

Saturday afternoon, Kaelin went to her friend Landyn's birthday party. Landyn turned one. Kaelin had lots of fun playing in the pool, bouncy house, and the slip n slide.

They even had clowns . If you don't know this, Kaelin HATES clowns. She says they are just too scary. I really have to agree with her. Clowns are pretty creepy. So, for Kaelin's birthday party, we had a carnival, but she was very insistent that nothing had a clown on it. As soon as I saw the clowns yesterday, I thought "oh dear, this could get really interesting", but to my surprise, Kaelin did pretty good. The clowns were making balloon animals and this really caught Kaelin's attention. She loves balloons, so she watched from VERY FAR off. Then she came and got my hand and asked if I could go up to the clown with her. I did. She told the clown she wanted a flower out of balloons and they made if for her, then the other clown made her a hat and he went to put it on her head and you would have thought he was trying to burn her with fire. She flew up my arms and asked me "why is that clown trying to get me?". I was laughing, but she did not find it as amusing as I did.

She kept a close eye on the clowns for the rest of the party.

Another funny Kaelin story...

Today on the way to church, Aunt Debbie gave Kaelin some quarters to give in the offering. Aunt Debbie told her she could give the quarters to Jesus. Kaelin looked at her as though she had lost her mind. Kaelin said "Aunt Debbie, that can't happen, Jesus is way up in the clouds and I don't think he is going to come all the way down just to get my money." We then had to readjust our wording. Aunt Debbie told her she could give the money to the bank in her Sunday school class and they would use the money to buy things so little kids could learn about Jesus. She then said, "Okay, that would be a good idid." (An idid is Kaelin's word for idea)

No comments: