Monday, June 1, 2009

How do you do justice to 3 years?

I have been a little slow on getting this posted because I wanted to make sure I could do justice to it. Between my Internet going down and my camera going bad, I have not been able to get everything on here until now.

Kaelin has spent the last three years with Mrs. Mary. She has absolutely loved being over there and I have loved her being over there. I have never felt so calm and relieved about leaving my baby with someone as I was with Mrs. Mary. Kaelin spent her last week with Mrs. Mary right before Memorial Day. Kaelin will be going to a new school next year, so she won't be staying with Mrs. Mary. My heart just breaks when I think about it. Kaelin was so loved when she was there. It is really hard to find someone that will love your child as though they are a family member.
How in the world can you sum up three years and really do justice to the time?

Great memories from the last three years...

Kaelin and Mrs. Mary make breakfast stops at Sonic or McDonald's on school mornings. Mrs. Mary has totally spoiled Kaelin when it comes to breakfast on school days. The few times I have been able to take off and take Kaelin to school, she always asks me "Where are we stopping for breakfast?" Mrs. Mary also taught Kaelin that Sonic corn dogs can also be a breakfast food.

Kaelin and Mrs. Mary share a Dr. Pepper in the afternoons. (I think she might have been giving Kaelin a sugar rush so she would be a crazy girl when she got home--- she was).

Mrs. Mary bought a swing for the front yard, so she and Kaelin could sit outside and enjoy swinging on the tree. We don't have one of these in our yard (we don't have any trees). Kaelin constantly asks why we don't have a swing.
Mrs. Mary bought a playhouse for Kaelin and I got to hear all kinds of fun stories of having tea parties, coloring, playing with the dog, etc. Kaelin loved the playhouse.

Mrs. Mary was always quick to pick up my slack. There were several times when I sent shoes that were too small for Kaelin or too big. Kaelin and Mrs. Mary would just make a quick trip to Wal-mart to solve the problem. Sometimes, I forgot to send her lunch or a drink or diapers, Mrs. Mary always fixed the problem for me. THANK YOU!!!!!

Mrs. Mary used to send me an e-mail everyday updating me on what Kaelin was doing or had done and what their plans were for the day. She would also send pictures of Kaelin. I loved it. Those pictures always arrived right when I was needing a quick pick me up. I am going to miss those e-mails. I looked forward to those everyday. (You can still send me e-mails...)

Mrs. Mary tried to make Kaelin fill totally at home. In fact, Kaelin considered Mrs. Mary's house one of her homes. Kaelin had her own chair, own bed, own toys, own movies, etc. Kaelin was perfectly comfortable and was never in need.
Kaelin's first ride on a carousel horse was with Mrs. Mary. (see picture below)
Mrs. Mary and Kaelin made many trips to the park. She absolutely loves the park.

Kaelin's only trip to the zoo was with Mrs. Mary and Mr. Ken. (She wants to go back...)

Kaelin's love for flowers and gardening was definitely inspired by Mrs. Mary. For as long as I can remember, Kaelin has been gardening with Mrs. Mary. Kaelin may have been gardening before she was walking.
Mrs. Mary has taught Kaelin how to love animals. Mrs. Mary has a soft spot for all animals (just dump your strays in her yard, everyone else does--- no not really, but she is good at finding homes for animals). Kaelin is constantly telling me stories about "Sally Slew" or as she is really name- Sally Sue.

Kaelin's first Halloween... She was Pebbles... We trick or treated Mrs. Mary and Mr. Ken.

Kaelin's first birthday party. Of course Mrs. Mary was there...

Kaelin's second Halloween. She was Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz.


Mrs. Mary has come to all three of Kaelin's birthday parties. This is the 2nd birthday party. (We hope to see you at number 4).

Kaelin's ride on the carousel horse. Her love for horses may have started here.

Kaelin loved gardening with Mrs. Mary.

This is last Halloween. Kaelin was a scary pink pirate with a bling bling eye-patch. We trick or treated Mrs. Mary and Mr. Ken. I am sure they were scared of being held hostage by the pirate.
We could never ever come close to replacing Mrs. Mary- nor would we want to. She has become part of our family. She has helped mold and shape Kaelin into who she is today and I am so grateful for that. She has been Kaelin's comfort spot away from home. We absolutely love her and hope she always remains such and important person in our life.
Please don't forget us.... we will never forget you.

No comments: