Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sleep is for the weak

Once again, I am up at 1:30 AM.

I guess I am just so excited about today being the last day of school that I just can't sleep. You know how kids get excited about the first day of school and they can't sleep. I think teachers are the opposite. We get excited about the last day of school.

So what do you do at 1:30...

Watch whatever you might be able to find on TV... I am watching Cold Case.

Blog (which I am doing)

Then you go run.

Yes, you heard me, I am about to go run. I am just waiting until it is closer to a reasonable hour. I don't want anyone to call the police because they saw some crazy girl running past their house at 2:00 AM. So I am patiently holding off until 3:45 or 4:00. Unless (which this never happens), I get sleepy and fall back to sleep.

I will probably (hopefully) take a good nap this afternoon.

When I get off work (around noon), Kaelin and I are going to see the new Disney movie "Up" with my friend Lisa and her son Bryson. Hopefully I won't fall asleep in the movie theater. How embarassing would that be for Kaelin to have to wake up her Mommy.

***UPDATE***
3:45 AM--- still up, but I have had company. It seems like Kaelin knows when I am not asleep. I can't tell you how many times I have been up in the middle of the night and low and behold, Kaelin opens her door and says "Mommy, what are you doing?" She never does this when I am in bed asleep. She must have a GPS hooked to me.

So, she has been sleeping in big girl panties at night. She had her first accident. When she laid down last night, I had a feeling she would not make it all night because she insisted on drinking a big glass of milk before bed (she usually does not do this). So, about 3:00, she woke up and I had to change her sheets and pj's.

3:30 AM- she came out of her room again because she said she needed a sip of water. (She just wanted to stay up with me- but I made her go back to bed so at least one of us could stay awake for the movie).

3:49 AM- she came out of her room AGAIN because she needed a Kleenex for her runny nose. Now, I think she is just making excuses to get up.

Here is my theory....I think God knew I would be needed in the middle of the night (multiple times), so he woke me up. It did not bother me having to run up the stairs every few minutes to address another need. Now, if I was asleep and this was all going on, I would be highly upset. But, I was not upset or frustrated, it gave me something to do (before I go run).

Side note to God... next time, wake Todd up.

1 comment:

Rachel www.jackandcoledesigns.com said...

Hi, my name is Rachel.. I am Amanda's friend (Abby Grace's Mom) and I wanted to personally thank you for visiting her prayer blog. I am so thankful for people like you who will go to our Lord and ask for prayer on behalf of a stranger.

This is my personal blog.. feel free to stop by and visit it anytime! I love having new friends!

Please continue to pray for little Abby Grace.. we will keep you all posted. You may also put her picture on your blog and link her prayer blog if you'd like...the more prayers, the better!
Blessings to you!

Rachel
www.jackandcoledesigns.com
www.jackandcoledesigns.blogspot.com