Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ashley Fanatic

You might remember me posting about Kaelin pretending to be Ashley Force (the NHRA funny car drag racer). Here is a reminder.

Kaelin still looks forward to drag racing every weekend. We usually watch the qualifying races on Saturday night and then the elimination on Sunday. We have not been to any live drag races in a while, but we still stick close to our redneck roots via the TV.

Sunday night, Kaelin was laying in my bed with Todd watching drag racing. I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth and getting ready for bed. I walked back into the bedroom and Kaelin said (true quote) "Mom, Ashley just lost to Tony Pedregon. We are just going to have to try again next week". WHAT... even Todd looked over at her. She pays very close attention to everything. This is just an example of exactly how close she pays attention to every word and every detail. I started watching the TV and she was right, Tony Pedregon had beat Ashley Force and yes, Ashley was going to have to try again next week.

One more example of "redneck" being a gene not a product of your environment.

No comments: