Thursday, July 16, 2009

Soccer Star

We have been telling Kaelin we would sign her up for soccer if she was interested. Todd bought her a soccer ball about a year ago, but Cassie (the big dog) got a hold of the ball the other day. The ball definitely lost the battle. We told Kaelin we would get her a new soccer ball soon.

I had to run to Academy the other day for some new running socks. The soccer balls were right next to the socks, so I got her a super cute hot pink and white soccer ball with a cute pair of hot pink and white shin guards. Those were soccer essentials, then I couldn't resist adding some cute soccer clothes to the ensemble.

When I got home, I let Todd give her the soccer ball and shin guards and I gave her the cute clothes. She did not take the clothes off for two days. (She even slept in the soccer clothes- but I did convince her to take the shin guards off in bed). We met Mrs. Mary at Applebee's and Kaelin was wearing her full soccer gear. We went to Mamaw's house and Kaelin was still in full soccer gear. We have listened to Kaelin talk about being on a soccer team, being a soccer star, playing soccer with her friends, and doing a good soccer kick for the last three days. It is really cute. She is so excited. Todd played soccer as a kid, but I have always been kind of sport challenged. I sure hope Kaelin gets her athletic ability from her dad.

Todd took Kaelin out to the soccer fields yesterday. She did really good. She loves to run, so that is a huge advantage for her. We checked into soccer teams for her and she is going to do two things. We are going to put her in a soccer camp at the beginning of August and then she will play fall soccer for the YMCA in Kingwood. I will definitely let everyone know about game times and locations. It should be fun to watch a bunch of three year old's try to play soccer.

No comments: