Monday, July 27, 2009

When it rains it pours...

I am not speaking about our weather (or lack there of).

*** Although... a pretty good chance of rain over the next couple of days. I think I saw my tomatoes and flowers doing a rain dance yesterday.***

Have you ever been through a time when you felt like you were on a roller coaster that just seemed to have the big drops but it did not seem to being going back up? Although, you know it has to go back up, it just is a slower process than the drops.

Uncle Truman has had one of those weeks. So, it would be really great if you could spend some time praying for him and the roller coaster ride he is on.

Last weekend, he got a call that his brother, Virgil, had been admitted to the hospital. By Monday, the doctors knew he had lung cancer. By Friday, the doctors informed them that he had stage IV terminal cancer in at least 5 places in his body and have given him 8 months to 1 year to live.

While visiting Virgil in the hospital Uncle Truman's 90 year old mom, Grace, had a stroke. She was already at the hospital visiting, so they had to take her to another floor and admit her through the ER. The good news was she was at the hospital and was able to receive help immediately. The doctors have determined she has diabetes, but seems to have minimal damage from the stroke. She is having trouble walking and standing.

Then... (yes there is more)... Uncle Truman was running on Saturday morning and did something to his knee. He is training for the San Antonio and Houston 1/2 marathon, so he was running a long distance run of 11 miles. Saturday night, his knee looked like someone had put a golf ball in it, but by Sunday, it became apparent that the golf ball was actually a baseball.

So, as of now, this is it. If you would not mind keeping all of these needs in your prayers, it would be greatly appreciated and much needed.

These are my words of wisdom (or lack there of)...

You know Jesus never gives you more than you can handle (even though you are pretty sure you are over the limit). In times like this, you should be extremely thankful for Jesus having so much confidence in you, even though you might not have the same level of confidence.

2 Corinthians 7:4:
"I have great confidence in you; I take great pride in you. I am greatly encouraged; in all our troubles my joy knows no bounds."

We love you and are praying for you, Virgil, and Grace.

1 comment:

Ankle J said...

I'm sorry to hear about everything going on with uncle truman I will be praying for him, Grace & virgil. If anyone can relate to when it rains it pours I can, And I just wanted to take the time to thank Aunt Debbie and Uncle Truman for always being there for me in all my rain storms and beliving in me and giving me words of encouragment. Me and trip love ya'll both very much