Friday, July 17, 2009

I take a skinny latte...

Who in the world would say that????



I officially have a "mini me".

Anyone that has talked to Kaelin for any length of time has probably noticed some of her "grown up" or advanced language. She picks up on everything I say (which means I really have to watch my choice of words... especially when I am driving).

Example:
Next time you see Kaelin, you can ask her what her phone number is and she can tell it to you perfectly. She has known this information for well over a year. How in the world did she learn this at such a young age (you might be asking yourself)? She learned her phone number from shopping with me and the clerk asking my phone number whenever I wrote a check. I told you, she pays attention to EVERYTHING.

Another Example:
The other day, Kaelin was spending the afternoon playing at Mrs. Mary's house. We met Mrs. Mary for lunch and then Kaelin insisted on going home with her. Kaelin decided to do some pretend shopping at Mrs. Mary's. She was loading up her basket and then taking it to Mrs. Mary to check her out. When Mrs. Mary was checking her out, she asked Kaelin how she was going to pay. Kaelin said "I am going to put it on my card." Okay that was funny, but the next part was even better. Mrs. Mary asked Kaelin if there was anything else she could get her today. Kaelin said "Why yes, I will take a skinny latte." Oh my goodness... we go to Starbuck's too often and she pays way to close attention to what I do and say.

No comments: