Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What's New???

We have been working feverishly the last week to create Kaelin a new room. She is switching places with our office. The office/guest room was quite a bit bigger than her other bedroom (lots more closet space, this is much needed).





This room has been a work in progress for a while. I bought the paint in November. (Yes... I said November). My original plan was to paint the room during Christmas break, which turned to spring break, which turned to summer break. So here we are at the end of summer break and the paint cans were finally opened.

Thank you to Aunt Debbie for helping me get started. She came over two nights last week (while Todd and Kaelin were out of town) and helped me get started with the paint. I probably would have put it off until Thanksgiving break or even further. Thank You... Thank You... Thank You...

When Todd and Kaelin came home, I got some additional help. Todd helped me finish the paint, hung curtains and is working on building Kaelin a great bookshelf. I am going back to the paint store to get more paint (story behind paint to come soon) and back to Target to get more curtains.



I will give an update picture when everything is done.



Even though the room is not finished, Kaelin was ready to be in it. She insisted on sleeping in her big girl room because (in her words) "I am not a baby anymore, so I don't need to be sleeping in the baby bed". We had converted her baby bed to a toddler bed, but in her mind it is still a baby bed.



She was so excited that it took her until almost 11:00 to finally fall asleep. We had to talk about every new noise in her new room. When the air conditioner came on, she ran into my room and asked me if I had heard that noise. I said no. She said, "listen... it is the air conditioner". This went on for about a 1/2 hour. We talked about all of the noises. She left like a rock. I went in her room this morning and Mo was sleeping in bed with her and she did not look like she had moved a muscle all night.

Today, the bed will (hopefully) get finished, remainder of the curtains hung, furniture moved in, toys moved in (that might take a week to complete) and stuff hung on the walls.

No comments: