Monday, July 6, 2009

The house it too quiet

So why is the house so quiet?

My Dad came by to see Kaelin yesterday and Kaelin wanted to go home with him to spend the night. She has not really been into spending the night with anyone lately. She gets to where she is going and then wants to go home at bed time. But, last night we did not get a call to come get her. She spent the entire night with PawPaw. I called over there a couple of times and she sounded like she was having a total blast. One time I called and she could not come to the phone because she was busy playing on the slip 'n slide. The second time I called, she was able to squeeze in a few minutes to talk to me. She told me she ate pizza, played on the slip 'n slide, and was now getting ready to go to bed.

Todd and I commented on how quiet the house was. I woke up extra early this morning but was not met downstairs by little feet. I told Todd we need to get some chores done this morning and then hurry over to get Kaelin. I said she is probably missing us. He said "Or maybe Mom is missing her." Maybe he is right, either way I will head over to get her in a little while.

So what did we get accomplished on our quiet evening...

We cleaned out the guest room (which will soon be Kaelin's new room). Our media room is quite a disaster right now because everything is in a big pile in there. We are decorating the guest room and making it a "big girl" room for Kaelin. Kaelin's room will become the new office and the media room will one day return to being a media room rather than a garage sale/junk/scrapbook/sewing/additional closet/storage space.

I will post pictures once the room is done.
Hint: (you could probably guess this) the room will be a pink and brown "princess" room

No comments: