Monday, August 17, 2009

Grrrrr....

First day back to school. Grrrr....

Although the day at school was good. Beautiful new school with a fabulous and supportive staff. This year will definitely be a great school year, but the first day of school is always hard. My day started with one obstacle after another... naturally.

These are some of the crazies that occurred today...

Last night, Britni (our female Shi Tzu), was not feeling well and then she got progressively worse during the night. She was week and could not put weight on her back legs. She also was bleeding internally somewhere. So, I was up most of the night. I would lay down for a little while, then get up and lay on the floor with Britni. This morning, she was not any better. This afternoon, I hurried home and got her to the vet (where she is right now). They are keeping her overnight to hook her to an IV. She had lost a lot of blood, but they could not find out where she was losing it. They did several tests on her, but still had no answers. So, tonight, they are doing some blood work, replenishing her lost fluids, and doing some urine tests. Please keep Britni in your prayers. Kaelin is very worried about Britni. She thinks that Moe (our male Shi Tzu) is very sad because Miss Britni is not here. She also keeps asking me when the doctors are going to bring Britni back home because she needs to sleep at home. I agree with her.

When I took Kaelin to Mrs. Tara's house today, she kept telling me how much she was going to miss me and that she really wished I would stay with her. Ahhh.... I just wanted to cry. That is just great for my first day back to school.

We did not set the coffee to make last night, so when I came downstairs there was NO coffee. Grrrrr....


Summary.... My first day back to school began with me being sleep deprived, having swollen eyes from Kaelin trying to convince me to stay with her, and having no coffee. Grrrrrr....

Luckily the part of my day spent at school was good. Although, I did catch myself nodding off during our big afternoon meeting. I think it was due to my lack of sleep and coffee, not the meeting itself.

No comments: