Sunday, May 24, 2009

Bye Bye Baby


Kaelin has been begging to spend the night with Aunt Debbie and Uncle Truman. So she finally is getting to do that tonight. She took a nap, then came barrelling down the stairs because she was ready to go.

As you can see by the picture, Kaelin was ready to go. She got her suitcase and then pulled it all through the garage as she waited for Aunt Debbie. It was raining, so she had to stay in the garage, but she was ready to go.

We, of course, had to pack a suitcase. I mean, who can go anywhere with just a little bag. In the suitcase we have:

1 long princess dress pair of pajamas
1 shorts outfit with a hat and matching bow (who knows what you will feel like)
1 dress with a matching headband (that Kaelin refers to as a tiara)
1 pants outfit
4 pair of shoes (what... for one night...)
3 princess dress up dresses
1 pair of princess dress up shoes
1 tiara
1 princess wand
1 coloring book

So as you contemplate all of this, you might be wondering why in the world I would allow all of this stuff to be packed for just one night. WHY NOT??? You must be prepared for any occasion that might arise. And you must look cute with all of the coordinating accessories for all occasions that might arise. You might see a pattern in where Kaelin gets some of her fashion issues from. (I might be a little guilty).

Fashion Notice... Check out the super cute pillow case dress Kaelin is wearing. My friend Judy made it for her. It has the cutest little cowboys and cowgirls on it. It is the vintage Dick and Jane cowboy print. We love it. Thanks Judy.

An aaahhhh moment that I forgot to mention in my blog last night (due to crazy frustration). Kaelin knows that when I am stressed or just need to unwind, we turn the TV onto the Satellite radio stations. I prefer the Love Songs radio station because it makes me relax. So, last night when I am dealing with Verizon and I am breaching on over 4 hours of phone time with Verizon, let me just say I was a little stressed and completely fed up. Kaelin came up to her room (which is where the wireless router and other computer equipment lives... don't ask why... that is just another topic of conversation for later). She knew I was a little aggravated, so she went and turned on her CD player. She walked over to me and gave me a hug and said, "there mom, does that make you feel better?"... Who is this child... she is the most caring, loving and problem solving child I know. Of course the music calmed me down, especially when she said, "Mom, sing along with me..." So I did... That was worth way more than I pay for a massage. She is so much more therapeutic. Kaelin has such a sweet nature about her. I truly hope she never loses that. She will go so far in life because she really cares about people and can read their needs. That is a gift from God and it is so enlightening to see it at such an early age.

No comments: