Thursday, May 28, 2009

The countdown is on....

So... Today began phase 1 of EOS (End of School)...

Today was my first of six 1/2 days of the last days of school. My last days at my current job...

Should I be sad... heck no... I am so ecstatic that I can't even stand it. I am not so excited that I am leaving my friends or leaving my comfort zone... I am so excited about a new challenge and new adventure. Anyone that knows me, will know that I am completely the most comfortable being out of my comfort zone. That probably sounds weird and it probably is weird... but I am who I am.

Why do I run 1/2 marathons when I really am prepared for a 5K?... I am who I am...

Insight...
I am the most comfortable being uncomfortable and being pushed to the limits... Yes I do have a breaking point, but I think I am oblivious to it.

I think Kaelin definitely takes after me in regards to "personal boundaries". There are none. Don't tell us we can't do something... we will prove you wrong ten fold.

Am I a little stubborn... no not me... (okay... even I had to laugh out loud on that).

I can't get mad at Kaelin for her stubborn ways, because they are totally not her fault... things that are inherited should not be a punishable offense... thank goodness.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Okay... so I might go a little overboard with this verse... Sometimes a little terrifying feeling might slow me down from myself. Kaelin... sorry for passing on these traits. They work in your favor most of the time, but also drive you crazy most of the time.

1 comment:

ms mary said...

i have really been enjoying reading about the Hicks family crisis.....NO NO NO....she couldn't have cut her hair!!!!!!! OMG......what did you do??? and just why in your blog did you not mention after 3 years , her time with me had come to an end????? hahahaa gee...i feel left out......i really really miss her....and jamie be sure to check them "slacks" from now on!!!! lv ya'll