Saturday, May 9, 2009

Why I love Saturdays....

I think Saturday is my all time favorite day of the week. Some reasons I like Saturday, especially the ones that are nice and warm like today.

I have the option to sleep past 4:30 AM. (I actually slept until 6:45 AM this morning).

I get to stay in my pj's while I drink coffee.

Kaelin and I get total quality time together. Today we went and picked up Mamaw and went shopping. We went to BoPeep... Kaelin was in total heaven. Shoes... clothes... bows... all in one place.

I get to stay up late. (I am such a night owl, but due to my crazy work schedule, I don't really get to stay up past the 9:00 news).

We get to sit in the backyard and swim or play ball for hours. In fact, when I asked Kaelin what her favorite thing about today was, she said "playing in the backyard".

We get to stay in our bathing suits all day (that is after I motivate myself to finally take off my pj's).

The best part of Saturday is I don't have to wake up and go to work tomorrow.

Oh summer.... where are you...

My summer days are quickly approaching and then I will have seven Saturdays a week. Someone asked me if I was going to teach summer school.... After a few profane words, I worked up the proper wording and kindly informed them about the reasons for being in education. Summer being at the top of that list. Summer is my family time. We don't have much planned, but we will end up with a bunch of memories by the time August rolls around.

No comments: