Friday, May 29, 2009

Total Exposure

There are some days when 24 hours just seems like forever. Today was one of those days.

Story 1: (I would have been fine with this being the only story) I spent the morning recycling and shredding papers in my office. I made several trips to the recycling dumpsters. On one of my last trips, my butt kept getting cold and I could not figure out why. I thought maybe I had sat in something wet. No, that would have been to simple. I had a hole in the back of my pants, not just a hole, but a rip up the hole backside. So I wonder just how many people got a glimpse of my butt today. I have no idea how long the hole was there (for all I know, I put the pants on with a hole in them. ) You would think this would have been embarrassing and just really done me in for the day. No... not me...

There is more....

Story 2: So I go to Target to buy a new pair of pants (and a new shirt that would match the new pants). I get a phone call from Lisa (my friend that Kaelin is staying with). Lisa is all frantic on the phone. She sounded like she was about to cry. I immediately thought Kaelin had gotten hurt. No, she did not get hurt, but her pony tail did not survive. Kaelin had gotten a hold of a pair of scissors and decided to cut half of her pony tail off. That did not even register on my stress radar. I just took it with a grain of salt and a bare butt. The bad part about the pony tail issue was, Kaelin was suppose to go have her pictures made this afternoon. I moved the appointment to Sunday so I could have some time to assess the damage. You would think this would have done me in. No... not me....

There is more....

Story 3: I have my new pants and my new shirt and I decided it would not be the worst thing that had happened all day if I just changed clothes in the car. So I changed clothes in the car, while driving to go have lunch with some friends. I ended up changing at a red light. I was so caught up in the many trials of my day that I did not even notice the guy in the big truck next to me that had just totally witnessed my re-wardrobing incident. Should I be embarrassed... not after possibly mooning half of the campus. This just about did me in.

It is only 5:00, so there is still plenty of time for more follies. I am just hoping they will happen to someone else for a little while.

Some days 24 hours is just too long.

No comments: