Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Enjoy the little things... four days...

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." —Robert Brault


This was the quote of the day I recieved at work today. So appropriate. We are all about enjoying the little things.

Little things I totally enjoy...
1. Laying in the baby pool in the backyard with Kaelin. (Sure hope the neighbors are abiding by the term "privacy" fence).
2. Reading good bed time stories with Kaelin. How long will she actually let me do this?
3. Blue Bell... enough said.
4. Packing special lunches for Kaelin so she will get happy little surprises when she opens her lunch bag.
5. Dancing in the driveway to the classic rock station. I am sure the neighbors catch Kaelin and I, but they are nice enough to not make fun of us.--- side note on the classic rock station.... when do they (radio people) decide a song has officially made it to "Classic" rock or a "Golden Oldie"? If I am older than the song or the song was actually a "new release" when I was in high school (or college), does that mean I am "classic" or a "Golden Oldie"? Hmmmm....
6. Naps... even if 20 minutes is all I can get... it is worth it. I truly understand the value of stopping to take a little while to rest my body and mind. Just because I understand it does not mean I abide by it... but I try.
7. Birthday Cake... to go along with #3. I believe everyone should have a birthday cake on their birthday. It makes you feel extra special on your very special day (or at least it makes me feel extra special)
8. Sending notes of appreciation... try it. Start small... begin with a little thank you card and send it to someone that gave you a gift. Step it up... send notes to any and everyone that make your life easier in some way. (Bonus... show your appreciation for help... you would be surprised at the list of volunteers lined up next time you need help with something.)
9. Is it wrong to put Blue Bell on the list twice... Summer is almost here (the weather thinks it is here already). I love to sit in the yard and eat ice cream (popsicles or any other type of frozen treat).
10. The unexpected... Yes, I very discretely (or at least I think I am discrete) unwrap gifts to take a peek prior to Christmas... Yes, I snoop all through the house looking for gifts... I completely admit it. (In fact, I have never denied it). But the unexpected is what I truly live for. Unexpected phone call from an old friend, unexpected hug or kiss from Kaelin, those unexpected moments where I totally see myself in Kaelin, unexpected acts of kindness (Todd vacuumed the entire house on Monday... whew... sigh of relief)... The old saying... Expect the Unexpected... Don't... It was way more fun to just get the unexpected... unexpectedly.

Dinner Menu: (Aunt Debbie fixed this one... thank you)
Cheese Pizza and Pepperoni Pizza
Salad with apples

Although the dinner menu was chosen by Kaelin, she did not eat it. We did though. She had just finished plowing through a bag of animal crackers my friend Kim gave her.

Today's special things for the countdown to party time...
Kaelin wore another absolutely adorable new dress that my friend Judy made for her. I was going to take pictures, but she put on her pj's by the time I got the camera out. Kaelin went with me to get my hair done. My absolutely fabulous friend Kim has a fancy salon that Kaelin considers her own little personal candy store. Kim has a boutique in her salon and it has lots of bling things. So... Kaelin was in total girly girl heaven. She was so excited, I really thought at one time she was just going to lay right down in the middle of the salon to take it all in. I always try to get my appointments at the end of the day so we have the place to ourselves because Kaelin has such a blast. Kim gave Kaelin a fabulous twirly tulle skirt, a mermaid shirt, and some princess bling sandals. I will post pictures...

Random Thoughts...
Have you ever needed to lose ten pounds? Well, I did just that today. I know you are thinking... how in the world did you lose ten pounds in one day.
Did I do one of those colon cleanse things... heck no...I would be typing this from the toilet?
Did I get a stomach virus... no again... I am not anywhere near the toilet.

I got my hair cut off. And I am talking short. I LOVE IT... I have never had short hair where the hair dresser actually had to pull out the razor thingy to get the back evened out. WOW...

Point to the story... If you are faced with losing weight, you can try a colon cleanse (gross), you can excercise (but why), you can not eat (but why... again- refer to #3, #7, #9), or you can just treat yourself to a day at the salon and get all of your hair cut off... Any way you look at it, you acheived your goal.

No comments: