Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Three to Three

So if you were paying very close attention... You will see that I made some changes to the dates. I started Kaelin's countdown on Sunday and said seven days until the carnival, but in reality, it was six days. Depending on you count it down. So it was driving me crazy.

Now we are on to three days until the big 3...

What's on the menu... (Kaelin's choice of course)
  • Sandwiches cut into the shapes of hearts and flowers (It should not shock you that even our sandwiches have to be all girled up)--- peanut butter & jelly, club, or chicken salad are the choices.

  • Chips and dip

  • Birthday cake... WHAT... ALREADY... (Keep reading, I will explain)

Special Birthday Celebrations...
Today, I took off work 1/2 a day so I could bring birthday cake to Kaelin's school for all of her school friends. We are also going to work on the carnival. Kaelin was hysterical at her school today. I showed up with cupcakes and a bag full of stickers. The kids were on the playground, so as you can see by the picture, Kaelin escaped and came to my side of the fence and began handing out stickers to all of her friends through the fence. It was hillarious. It was like being a celebrity and signing autographs. The kids were saying... Kaelin, I want some stickers... Kaelin, can I have some. So of course, she was in her element with all of the attention.

When Kaelin got to school today, she announced to the class that it was her birthday. Her teacher said "Well how old are you Kaelin". She said..."Well, I am still only two, really two and a half, because my birthday is really not here yet." Miss Smarty Pants... too smart for her own good.

"Yep... I am turning three... what are you going to do about it?"

"And to all of my fans... I would like to thank you for your support in making me the super star I am today"

HELP...
Prayers
Rain dances
whatever you have got

The chance of rain on Saturday just keeps increasing. Rain, Rain, Go Away...

Side Note...

Why in the world am I posting things at 5:00 AM? Because I have been up since 3:00 AM. Just could not sleep due to yucky allergies. And anyone that knows me, knows that me getting up in the middle of the night is just not unusual. I figured out a long time ago that if I wake up in the middle of the night and can't fall back to sleep within about five minutes, then I need to get up because I will toss and turn for hours and then get mad that I did not just get up and accomplish something.

Life Lesson... don't just lay on your can tossing and turning thinking about what you could be doing... Get up and do it. Yes I will be sleepy later in the day, but (from yesterday's post) a nap is one of my favorite little things.

No comments: