Friday, May 1, 2009

A Child of the 21st Century

It has been a long week of TAKS testing, so I have not written in a while. The test is over and most of the hard work is out of the way... you probably can hear me sigh a huge sigh of relief even from your computer.
Kaelin said a few things this week that just totally struck me as funny. You hear every generation talk about "Oh how things have changed.... why when I was growing up..." You get the picture. Some of the things Kaelin has said recently have made me think about how different things are for her than when I was growing up. So, I came up with a list of a few things that Kaelin has actually said or done that are definite signs of a 21st Century baby.

1. "Mom, can I talk on your cell phone"--- not sure who she is going to call
2. Kaelin is convinced the telephone with the cord goes in her playroom (that thing must not be for real).
3. Kaelin knows the difference between a DVD and a CD, but has no clue what a VHS tape is.
4. "Mom, can I listen to your IPOD?"
5. "Can we work on my blog now?" --- yes she helps and loves it.
6. "Where is the DVD player in their car?"--- doesn't everyone have a DVD player that goes in their car--- how can you go on a trip or to the store or anywhere without your DVD player.
7. "Can I play games on your laptop?"--- games... laptop... what... In My Day, we had MTV and they actually played Music Videos....
8. "What is wrong with the satellite?" Everytime it rains the satellite briefly goes out...
9. "Why is that thing not telling us where to go?"--- This would be the Garmin in my car. She gives us directions and keeps us from getting lost. Map... isn't that the thing that Dora has in her backpack?
and... finally...
10. "Can we buy some more shoes on Ebay?" You think I am kidding.... she knows about ebay and that is one of the places we buy her shoes... If you don't remember, she is a complete shoe freak.

No comments: